Meet Dr. Jeffrey Gust
Dr. Jeffrey Gust was born in St. Charles, Missouri and grew up nearby in a small town called Portage des Sioux. He graduated from Orchard Farm High School in 1993 and attended the University of Missouri-Columbia, where he obtained a B.S. in biology with honors. Following his years at Mizzou, Dr. Gust was accepted to the University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Dentistry. He graduated in 2001 with distinction and began to practice as a general dentist in Camdenton, Missouri.
After several months as a general dentist, Dr. Gust realized that his true passion in dentistry was orthodontics. He returned to his hometown area of St. Louis and practiced as a general dentist while applying for his orthodontic residency. Dr. Gust began his orthodontic training in July 2003 at Saint Louis University’s Center for Advanced Dental Education. The orthodontic residency program at SLU is regarded as one of the best in the nation.
During his residency at SLU, Dr. Gust had the privilege of working with some of the leading clinical orthodontists in the country. He graduated from Saint Louis University in December 2005 with a Master of Science in orthodontics and dentofacial orthopedics. Dr. Gust is board certified by the American Board of Orthodontics.
In October 2017, Dr. Gust was inducted as a Fellow in the American College of Dentists (ACD). The ACD is the oldest major honorary organization for dentists. It is comprised of dentists who have exemplified excellence through outstanding leadership and exceptional contributions to dentistry and society. Membership is by invitation only with about 3.5% of dentists in the United States holding the honor of Fellow.
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon Honorary Dental Society
- Academic Dean’s List all four years of dental training
- Voted Favorite Orthodontist by Hutchinson News readers 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021
- Knights of Columbus
- Rotary Club of Hutchinson (board of directors, 2008-2009)
- Hutchinson Chamber of Commerce (board of directors, 2009-2010)
- Newton Chamber of Commerce
- Young Professionals of Reno County (advisory council and connection team member 2006-2008; chair of recruitment committee)
- Head Coach for Holy Cross Jr. Celtics Football Team (2015-2018, 2020-present)
- School Council member for Holy Cross Catholic School 2018-2020
- Fellow of the American College of Dentists
- American Association of Orthodontists
- American Board of Orthodontics, Diplomate
- Southwestern Society of Orthodontists
- Kansas Association of Orthodontists (president, 2015-2016)
- American Dental Association
- Kansas Dental Association
- Orthodontic Education and Research Foundation
- Central Kansas District Dental Society
- Hutchinson Dental Study Club (president, 2008-2010)
Dr. Gust resides in Hutchinson, KS with his wife Nicole and their four children Adam, Aaron, Claire, and Ben. Dr. Gust and his wife met at UMKC and Nicole spent several years as a general dentist before deciding to retire from practice to stay home with their children. Dr. Gust enjoys spending time with family and friends, traveling, being outdoors, and cheering for his beloved St. Louis Cardinals.